Features of lrzsz
- very portable, automagically configured with GNU autoconf.
- crash recovery.
- up to 8KB block sizes (ZMODEM8K).
- internationalized (using GNU gettext). German translation of the programs output exists.
- far more secure than the original sources.
- high performance. say `make vcheck-z' and have a look at the BPS rate - i recently saw 1.4 MB per second transfering a large file through pipes (on a I586/133 system. Beat that!).
- good blocksize calculation (tries to compute an optimal blocksize based on the number of errors occured).
- It's free software.